Saturday, April 19, 2008

All about bitching this morning.

Tough week this week--pouring through mounds of paperwork I had to bring back from Florida, my eyes are twitching incessantly from fatigue. I woke up at 6:00, for no particular reason other than my body just felt it was time, and am trying to get myself pumped up about another Saturday on my feet taking orders from a cantankerous, old boss. Today is the first time I've REALLY dreaded going in (sure, I've complained about it before, but now I really mean it). I've got to get the house ready for my summer renter, and for the sake of my neighbors, I've GOT to get my yard mowed and bushes trimmed. I just don't have a day I can devote to these necessities. Sorry to be glum--it's early, and I'm tired and for whatever reason I can't sleep. I do get some vacation days at the end of next month, so I just need to hang on for a few more weeks.

By the way, has anybody (and by "anybody," I mean my 2 infrequent readers) seen the Aristocrats!? It's probably the worst movie ever made. It's a documentary on the filthiest joke ever told--they go around interviewing a bunch of comedians to get their take on the joke. The "genius" of the joke is that there's a basic structure, and a standard punchline, but the "artist" is free to fill into the middle of the joke as much outrageous material he can think of.

How in the world did this piece of crap ever get made!? I know it costs next-to-nothing to do an independent film, but c'mon! Just because it's free doesn't mean you should do it.

On the book front, I'm about to finish a Ben Franklin biography that I've been reading for far too long. It's good (well-researched), but I think it got a lot more acclaim than it deserves (the writing doesn't blow me away). There's a shorter book by a lady named Stacey Schiff, which covers just the period in Franklin's life which was spent in France during the Revolution (arguably the most interesting period of his life). Schiff's book is far better written than the Isaacson biography, and equally well-researched. Keep that in mind if you're ever looking to learn a little something about BF.

Nothing new doing on the music front. I can't get my ipod to work with this computer, so I haven't listened to anything new in a while. I find myself less interested in music, anyway--don't know why. It's almost like with movies--I'm moving beyond wanting to see or hear the newest things that are coming out. Maybe it's just that I'm busy...

Wow, what a great blog. I think I'll stick with politics...

1 comment:

al said...

let's bring some cheer to your life!

the Aristocrats sucks!

all I've been listening to is BodyPump so let's find a new band ASAP!!

lots of love!
~a